Idol App, LLC
Effective August 1, 2017
When you use this service, you’ll share some information with us, and other users. We understand that can affect your privacy and want you to know what we do with the information we collect, how we use it, who we share it with, and the choices we give you to control, access, and update your information
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
● Information you choose to give us.
● Information we get when you use our services.
● Information we get from third parties.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact using our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us by creating an account and connecting 3rd party services. This may include important information about you, such as: first and last name, a password, profile picture, phone number, email address, birthday, location, personal/professional website, your social medias account names/numbers, and other useful identifying information.
Lastly, it is mentionable that, when you contact IdolApp Support or communicate with us in any other way, we will collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
We collect information about your activity through our services to show how you interact with the service. Individual connection events will be stored to show your most recent interactions, number of times you have used the service, and for maintenance of contact lists in lieu of a crash or glitch in the app or storage base. We also record names, time and date of interaction, number of views/clicks on an individual’s page, and which persons you interact with most.Because IdolApp is all about communicating with friends, we may – with your consent – collect information from your devices phonebook, camera/photos, or location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors.
Information We Get From Third Parties
We also collect information that you have provided on another 3rd party application. For example, if you login through Facebook and consequently attach your Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, or Instagram, we may obtain information like account name, web link, pictures, posts, phone number, location, or birthday. This is conjoined with other information we have recorded through your use of our app.
How We Use Information
You may be asking – how do we use the information we collect? – here are some of the ways we do that:
● Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain and protect our products and services.
● Send you communications, including by email for support inquiries, or to share
information about our products, services, and promotional offers that may interest you.
• Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
● Personalize the services by customizing the content we show you, including ads.
● Improve ad targeting and measurement, including through use of your precise location
● Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
● Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
● Use information we collect from cookies and other technology to enhance the services
and your experience.
● Enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store
information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster
How We Share Information
We may share information about you with:
● Other IdolApp Users
○ information about you, including name, phone number, email, birthday, personal website, and social media accounts.
○ Information about how you have interacted with the services.
● All Users, business partners, and the general public
○ Public information like your name, QR code, profile picture, and approved information on profile page.
○ Any content submitted and exchanged on the IdolApp platform.
● Third Parties
○ Service providers, sellers, and partners – we may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
○ Legal reason – comply with any valid legal process, government request, or applicable law, rule or regulation. Investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations. Protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others, or to detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
○ Merger/Acquisition – If IdolApp, LLC gets involved in a merger, asset sale,
financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of
our business to another company, we may share your information with that
company before and after the transaction closes.
Third Party Content and Integrations
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. Through these links, thirdparty integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Additionally, some companies may use information collected on our services to deliver targeted advertisements on behalf of us or other companies, including on third-party websites and apps.
Our services may use content for extended periods of time before following a deletion protocol. Important information regarding profile information may be stored indefinitely. It is also important to understand that users who see the content you provide can always save it using any number or techniques: screenshots, in-app functionality, or any other image-capture technology. Keep in mind that, while our systems, are designed to carry out deletion practices, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. And we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain vertain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
Control over Your Information
Tools provided to you for control of information:
● Access and Updates – We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information right in the app by visiting the app’s Settings page. If you need to access, update, or delete other personal information that we may have, you can put in a request. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We will try to update and access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will of course disclose the fee before we comply with your request.
● Revoking Permissions – If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phonebook or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
● Account Deletion – While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong user, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, just contact support. If you ask to delete your account, you will have up to 30 days to restore your account before we delete your information from our servers. During this period, your account will not be visible to other users.
● Advertising Preferences – We try to show you ads that we think will be relevant to your interests. If you would like to modify the information we and our advertising partners use to select these ads, go to learn about the choices available to you.
● Communicating with other Users – It’s also important to us that you stay in control over whom you communicate with. That’s why we’ve built a number of tools in Settings that let you indicate, among other things, who you want to see your Profile, whether you’d like to receive messages/emails from just your friends or all users, and whether you’d like to block another user from contacting you again.
Users Outside the United States
Although we welcome Idol Users from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, your information may be shared within the IdolApp, LLC family of companies. This means that we may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.